We are a boutique human capital consultancy firm. We are specializing in senior executive level search and consulting. Finding the right executives is a challenge and requires experience, experience and experience again. vonGammCom Global specifically performs searches in the areas where have the insight business experience - Consulting, Information Technology and Services, Hightech, Financial Services IT, Telecoms, Media and Corporate Communciations.
On the surface, our executive search process appears to be generic. However, new clients usually discover the experience of working with vonGammCom Global to be different. The key differentiator is that vonGammCom knows the business and looks at the character.
Instead of just looking at a person’s CV and some achievements—the “what’s”, we look at the “how’s” - how this person came to this success and also seek to find out the underlying character traits. Throughout our yearlong experience, we have the deep conviction that only a good character guarantees enduring success.
- Each assignment begins with an initial briefing from the client during which the key parameters of the search are agreed and documented. We then carry out an assignment study which usually involves visiting the client’s offices and meeting with key executives to discuss the business environment, culture, priorities and any other issues that may affect the position.
- We draft and submit a position and candidate specification for the client to approve. The document describes in detail the company, the role, responsibilities, goals and key challenges of the position. It also summarizes the experience, qualifications and competencies required for success. These key competencies - a unique combination of proven skills, knowledge, abilities and attitudes - form the basis of our assessment of potential candidates throughout the search process. Here, we have developed a specific set of competency maps that might help a client to structure its own competency overview.
- Having defined the key selection criteria with the client, we continue our targeted research into companies and sectors to find those best qualified for the role. Using our proprietary database and personal contacts we speak to sources familiar with those companies and industries to seek informal views and opinions on individuals we believe may be relevant and qualified. On the basis of our research, we approach potential candidates on an informed basis, this is what we call the "LONG LIST". Once we determine that an individual is both qualified and interested in the role, we meet in person for further evaluation. Before presenting any candidate to the client, we conduct a rigorous assessment of the candidates.
- After the client has selected their preferred candidate, our consultants conduct thorough referencing to further measure and assess competencies, strengths and weaknesses, and to provide our client with external views of the individual. When an offer is made to a candidate, our consultants are available to participate in any negotiations. Unsuccessful candidates are promptly and courteously informed.
- Finally — and this is unique among search firms — we conduct a detailed client satisfaction survey (ECE - Exceeding Client Expectation) after every search assignment. Using trained ECE interviewers, we actively seek feedback from our clients, identifying any issues from which we can learn in order to improve the quality of our service in the future.